Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday

Hump day in Cannes is the ultimate hump day.

I went to see the session "Creative Inspiration" featuring Anderson Cooper and Anthony Bourdain. I didn't know who Anthony was or why he was famous, but I liked him after this interview style conversation. Honestly, I don't think they gave very great creative inspiration, but they were super entertaining because they had really good chemistry with eachother. It was funny to me that Anthony is super into food and drinking, while Anderson never drinks alcohol and said he is perfectly fine eating Burger King every meal. He said that he likes to order off the kids' menu because he has the palette of a 5 year old. Anthony's advice was to not care if people like your ideas or not. I agree and also disagree with that advice. Not that Anthony cares. Lol.

Next I went to a session called "3 Seconds to Win" hosted by Facebook. The speakers talked about how an Ad should capture somebody's attention right away because they will decide in 3 seconds whether they want to continue to pay attention or not. They also spoke a little about the new Facebook Live thing, which I haven't tried out yet but would be an awesome tool for advertisers.

After I made my way to Facebook Beach (what's new?) to grab some free lunch. I had a couple mini wraps and some fruit. Today they had a ginger mint iced tea that was amazing. Yes, these are things that I find important enough to put in my blog. 

I made my way to the girls' lounge aka real life heaven for a couple talks they were hosting. The first one was a conversation about the styles of leadership and how to become a leader. I didn't catch the names of the speakers and I'm not sure where to find them but they seemed super important. One of them had to do with LinkedIn and the other might have created MTV so maybe I should figure out who they were. 

In between sessions I noticed a little old lady sitting a few rows in front of me who goes by the name of Martha Stewart. I lurked over for a little and finally built of the courage to say "Hi I'm Jenna" in a super friendly yet adorable voice. She looked at me and didn't say anything. A couple girls around me that I knew asked for a picture and I got in it. Afterwards I told her it was so nice to meet her (even though I'm not really sure what she does) and she still didn't say anything. She legit hated me and I was being really cute and also wearing a maxi dress - what's not to like?!

Anyway I had to pee super badly so I went to the restroom and guess who was waiting to go in when I was washing my hands... freaking MARTHA! 

I went back to the seating area for the next speaker: Channing Tatum! He was interviewed by Joanna Coles, Editor and Chief of Cosmo magazine! So naturally most of the questions were about sex because Channing & Cosmo. I learned that Channing has his own vodka brand that is gluten free because it's a potato vodka. That's pretty cool. Also Channing LOVES to use the word "rad." So that's rad.

Walking around after, we went into a tent where they showed us this HD video that wasn't that cool and made me really nauseous. But when we walked out, they asked if we could be interviewed for a promo video, so we acted like we liked it and talked it up a bunch. It was a whole camera crew with a fuzzy hanging microphone so it was pretty legit!

I went to the award ceremony tonight and it was a fun thing to be a part of. The categories tonight were innovation, cyber, creative data, mobile, and media. It was interesting to see the different creations that won for each category. There were winners from all over the world so that was cool to see. Some of my favorite winners (you can look these up if you want) were: the non-surgical male circumcision device, Dot: first Braille smart watch, the edible six pack rings, and the SMS Last Words project.

I have an exciting passion for trying food chains in France and comparing them to the US. So for dinner I went to Steak n Shake. It was really good! I got the classic double cheeseburger (hold the onions please) and fries. Both delicious. I haven't been recently in the ATL so I couldn't really compare, but it was actually pretty great so I'm assuming it was better here. 

There were a lot of private parties going on tonight so I tried to sneak in to some which didn't work out too well. A group of us tried to get on one of the yacht parties but we didn't RSVP for any. But we signed up for one tomorrow so hopefully that works out. 

We caught the last train which only went to Antibes, so we trained there and then Uber-ed home. Emmanuel was super nice.

Time to sleep bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment