Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday

I sort of revolved my day around famous people, but I don't regret it at all.

Will Smith was one of the first speakers of the day for an interview called "The Pursuit of Impact," hosted by Edelman. The event filled up super fast so I had to watch it from the live-stream room. I didn't know what to expect from Will Smith but I was blown away. He spoke so nicely and sincerely. He giggled and joked the whole time and he was hilarious. I was interested to hear him speak about Muhammad Ali's funeral, and how he had speakers from all faiths talk. This interview showed me how respectable Will is! What a guy.

Next I sprinted to Facebook Beach because I was starving. I was pleasantly surprised by the selection of food they had today. I ate a super yummy mini bagel with some type of meat on it, and another mini dish with some noodles and chicken. Mini foods are so big at the festival. I'm telling you now, mini foods are the future!!

Next I went to another interview with the ladies of SNL: Aidy Bryant, Cecily Strong, and Vanessa Bayer. It was titled "Gender Equality is No Laughing Matter." I expected more from this session and thought that the girls would have more to say about gender equality in the film industry. They didn't answer any of the questions that well, but I still love them because they're hilarious. Also, I got to sit in the front row which was pretty sick.

I stayed in the front row of that theatre for the next session, "An Intimate Conversation with Usher." So you can see where this is going. Ryan Seacrest interviewed Usher, which was pretty cool because they're both extremely successful. I didn't pay attention for the entire first 30 minutes because all of the photographers were standing right in front of me and I couldn't see a thing. And I was not afraid to let them know how annoying I thought they were (mostly through aggressive eye contact.) Some of my friends didn't think Usher was that great but I actually thought he sounded very intelligent and eloquent. So who knows if my opinion is accurate or not! Also at the end some of us students in the front yelled Go Dawgs and Ryan replied with a Sic 'Em!

The next part of my day was the best of parts of my day. Me and 2 other students who are interested in being creatives were introduced by our Professor to Jason Kreher. Jason was a student at UGA Grady as well, and now works for an advertising agency in Portland. He works as a creative writer and was responsible for most of the Old Spice campaigns you can think of. He invited the 3 of us to get drinks with him so we went to a nice restaurant and somehow killed 3 bottles of rosé. We asked a lot of questions and he was such an intriguing person to talk to. He was also named one of the world's 100 most creative people! This was a great experience to sit and speak with him.

Next I walked over to a hotel where we were meeting with Oliver Stone to listen to him speak and ask questions. I don't think I've ever seen any of his movies but I could tell that he is a talented guy.

Afterwards, I was dinner bound. I was on my way to get a sandwich when I casually pass AMBER ROSE on the streets of Cannes! It was crazy. I didn't talk to her because I thought she was just a look-alike at first. Then I found out it was actually her. Pretty crazy!

We went to the terrace for some wine and some partying hosted by Shutterstock. I entered a contest of theirs and I will be so sad if I don't win. (The prize is a go-pro!) Then we went to this party hosted by "The Dog Side" which took forever to get into but wasn't that special.

Overall, today was cool because I got to see a bunch of famous people. Now, I'm taking in some me-time with a jar of peanut butter and my neck pillow.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment