Friday, June 17, 2016

Monaco Adventures

My day started with a much needed workout before class. I ran down the French Riviera which was a beautiful sight with a 100% guarantee of leaping into some dog shit. But it was beautiful outside and what I needed to feel a little better about my crepe intake.

After class, a group of us decided to spend the day in Monaco. I braced myself for motion sickness on the 45 minute train ride, but it actually turned into my best train experience yet. The train was full of enthusiastic Swedish boys on their way to the Sweden v. Italy "football" game. The boys near me blasted music and it was really fun. Said music included "Waka Waka" by Shakira and "Waving Flag" by K'naan. It was actually a very amazing and special feeling listening to this worldly music while looking out the train onto the beautiful ocean and the cities we passed.

Once the Swedish boys got off, a cute/old Chinese couple got on near me. The Chinese man told us that he was a language professor on vacation and that he spoke 5 languages. He said a lot of things that intrigued me. I was surprised to learn that his favorite song was 500 Miles. An international classic!

Monaco was a pretty place with views of water and large hills with houses stacked up the sides. The area was super hilly and it was kind of different than what I had imagined it to be. We walked up to a palace with an overlook of the whole city. I am still unsure if there are actually real royal people who live in the palace but there was a guard with a gun standing outside so maybe likely!

After walking around we found a cute restaurant where I got my first crepe! (Not technically in France but still good.) I got the veggie crepe (hold the cheese) with avocado, tomato, and sprouts. I've been eating an absurd amount of tomatoes on this trip which makes me feel like I've matured into a real adult.

We got back to JLP a little after 8 and I found myself craving chocolate per usual. We went to my favorite restaurant so far where I ordered a nutella and banana waffle. I'm pretty sure they use 1 jar of nutella per waffle. It was disgustingly incredible. However, nutella and strawberry would have been a better combo in my humble opinion.

Tomorrow is the first day of the festival (Health Lions) and I'm excited to finally experience it! I haven't formed an opinion on health advertising yet so I'm eager to learn more about it and see if it's something that interests me.

WOO




No comments:

Post a Comment