Tuesday, June 14, 2016

JLP --> Cannes

Today I discovered that the train system in France ain't no MARTA. First of all, nobody warned me that the trains go very fast so that was startling. Also, you have to press a button for the doors to open to get on the train. Also, there are cute people wearing adorable train outfits that hang out at the train stops doing train things. But anyway, I ventured into Cannes today for the first time (which is 2 stops away from Juan Les Pins).

Cannes is a very pretty place (the views and the people) and is filled with a lot of shopping and restaurants. When we got there, we immediately went to check out the first gelato place we found. They ended up having vegan gelato so I got a cone! Chocolate, passion fruit, and lemon if you were wondering. It was good. They scoop it into a flower shape onto the cone which is super cute in theory, but ends up melting all over your hands.

We then headed towards this big hill that leads you up to the top of Cannes, where you can see the whole city. On my way up, I locked eyes with a beautiful man eating at a restaurant and accidentally said "woooooooow" outloud.

The top of the hill was beautiful- a spectacular view of the city and the ocean, filled with yachts that I will never step foot on. We made our way down walking through alleys and streets that had amazing flowers of all colors.

I was feeling a little thirsty so I bought a Powerade from a food stand. The Powerade tasted nothing like Powerade in America, and I think it's because Europe doesn't let its citizens consume super unhealthy ingredients (@highfructosecornsyrup).

Then, we decided to shop around and of course came across Zara. I wasn't going to get anything but obviously had to try some things on. Soon I realized there were 2 more floors and it was game over. But I only spent about 40 Euros, and they were all necessities!!

Eventually we took a train home. Danielle and I ate leftover food from our welcome dinner last night (couldn't buy dinner after the Zara guilt) and it was very tasty and very carb-y. Now, we're ready to take on the night.

And don't worry I've been going to class!!


1 comment:

  1. Glad to read you are enjoying the trip so far! Don't worry, we all slip up and compliment the beautiful men from time to time. :) And don't discount the yachts just yet! You might be surprised where you find yourself during the festival.

    ReplyDelete